Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin
The Learning Support Faculty at Peponi is named The Crane, after the School crest. We believe in providing every possible opportunity to develop the full potential of all pupils in an inclusive environment. The principles of our faculty are:
- To provide a relevant broad based curriculum within a caring environment in which all pupils can develop and grow towards their full potential regardless of their ability.
- To provide for and support, the pupils with learning difficulties, to follow the whole school curriculum and to achieve success and progress according to their potential.
We provide learning support in the following ways:
- Identifying and assessing individual pupil’s needs through screening/assessments by specialist teachers and/or other professionals.
- In-class support in various subjects.
- Withdrawal support where necessary (this is carefully considered depending on the individual pupil’s needs and in consultation with the parents/guardian).
- Monitoring of individual pupil’s needs and offering interventions at relevant stages.
- Continuous training of subject teachers so that they are able to respond to the needs of individual pupils and differentiate appropriately.
With care and support all our pupils grow in confidence, independence and self-reliance to become confident and capable learners. In the faculty, with the help of our professional team, we address a whole range of learning difficulties: Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, ADHD/ADD, ASD and more.
Our Head of Faculty is happy to discuss your child’s needs and can be contacted through the school’s main switchboard.