We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, passionate and motivated School Counsellor to join our School in August 2017.
You will become a member of a large dynamic team of teachers who are caring, kind, creative, energetic and determined to give our pupils the best possible opportunities and support.
Our minimum candidate requirements are as follows:
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE in educational psychology, psychology, counselling or psychotherapy. Further therapeutic training or qualification in working with children and young people would be an advantage.
You will be expected to:
- Listen to pupils’ concerns about academic, emotional or social problems
- Help pupils process their problems and plan goals and action
- Facilitate drug and alcohol prevention programs
- Organise peer counselling programs
- Refer pupils to psychologists and other mental health resources
- Work on pastoral committees to improve learning conditions
To apply, download and complete our Application Form: click here to download; for guidance how to complete our application form, please download these instructions: click here to download.
and submit this, together with a letter of application to:
Mr Mark Durston